Friday, February 25, 2011

road trip

I just went on a road trip with my French students to Brandon, Manitoba.  On the way there, we made two stops at Tim Horton's and no fair trade... nada... niet...  I even asked them if they had anything, and they said that if they actually knew what fair trade was, then maybe they would get some in....  hmmm...  So, the teacher in me did a quick version of my fair trade lesson and had blank stares looking back at me.  I don' t think Tim Hortons is going to have any fair trade products in very soon. :) 
I was so proud that one of my students with me is doing the One Month Challenge as well.  She was right along with me with the non-coffee/chocolate/tea items at Tim's.  I had to settle with peach juice on a cold, cold day...  I was pleasantly surprised though, that in the Winners in Brandon, there was a large selection of fair trade coffee.  That may be one of the cheapest places I have seen coffee being sold. I would have bought some if I were a coffee drinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment