Wednesday, February 23, 2011

yummmm fair trade chocolate!!

I just have to say that I am really enjoying eating all this fair trade chocolate.  It definitely is my favourite and you can get so many different flavours.  My favourite by far has to be the mint dark chocolate that has little pieces of candycane or some sort of mint candy crushed up in it. I made banana bread the other day and instead of putting non-fair trade chocolate chips in it, I crushed up a Dairy Milk bar.  Wow!!! Sooo sooo good!!  I think that is what I am going to do from now on. 
I'm not finding it difficult at all to consume only fair trade items.  The only problem I have encountered would be when I go for sushi, or out for coffee with my friends, a lot of the places don't have fair trade products.  I always end up getting water instead.  They all have their explanations for not having fair trade products though.  They always say that they get their coffee from farms they own and where the farmers are treated well and paid fairly.  I am extremely skeptical about this information and I would really like to have some proof. 

No comments:

Post a Comment